No job too big, no detail too small.
The Greater Phoenix area is home to businesses large and small, and The MJ Company has a history of bringing the best service to clients of every size.
The MJ Company was started in the summer of 2000 in a garage. Two college friends had as their goal becoming the premier maintenance and janitorial company in the Southwest. With this in mind, they learned through trial and error the best way to satisfy clients, the most effective way to hire and retain quality people, and the right way to grow.
Training their people in-house meant that The MJ Company’s focus on service could be instilled along with the procedures and skills needed to do the best work. With ability and attitude put on an equal footing, the partners realized a competitive advantage in the marketplace. Also, not franchising or otherwise diluting their core mission, the company was able to eliminate the middleman and deliver a price point lower than that of others, but at the same time with their higher level of quality and service.
Whether it is maintenance for class A office space, car dealerships, schools, churches, golf courses, porter services for retail spaces, or cleaning services for HOA communities, we provide the same high level of friendly service and attention to detail that have helped us grow since 2000.
- 2000 – Two college friends started the company when they get their first customer in September 2000.
- 2001 – After working in the field on their own to learn the business from the ground up the partners hire their first employee.
- 2002 – MJ Company expands into large corporate clients like Marriott.
- 2003 – MJ company begins working with its first national property management company.
- 2004 – MJ company surpasses 20 employees.
- 2005 – The startup that began in a garage surpasses $1.5 million in sales.
- 2006 – MJ Company completed its 7th calendar year of 30% or greater sales growth.
- 2007 – MJ Company separate into two divisions to better serve its clients based on size and business niche.
- 2009 – MJ Company survives the economic downturn facing their first and only no-growth year in company history.
- 2009 – Despite the downturn in the economy MJ Company reaches the exclusive top 25 list for Phoenix as ranked by the Business Journal
- 2010 – MJ Company bounces out of one of the worst economic downturns in Arizona and U.S. history with 20% growth Y/Y.
- 2010 – MJ Company celebrates one decade in business serving millions of square feet of office, school/church, hospitality, car dealership locations.
- 2011 – MJ Company re-engineers the entire company around hiring the best people by creating industry leading hiring practices
- 2011 – MJ Company begins working with two of the most exclusive golf properties in Arizona in Troon North & Whisper Rock Golf Clubs
- 2011 – MJ Companies works with two of the largest HOA companies in Arizona
- 2012 – MJ Company expands its reach into retail shopping centers and day-porter services
- 2013 – MJ Company takes on work for large communities with its second foray into Anthem, Arizona and revitalizes the service in the parks and facilities throughout the community.
- 2015 – MJ Company celebrates its 15th year of serving customers throughout Phoenix, Scottsdale, Peoria, Mesa, Tempe, Chandler, Glendale, Arizona.